Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: What kind of horn is this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    What kind of horn is this?

    This came up in my Altec search. Looks interesting....... any ideas what it is?

    Electro Voice EV Altec WE Western Electric Speaker Horn - eBay (item 180438077059 end time Dec-03-09 22:03:25 PST)
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What kind of horn is this?

    No one?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    What kind of horn is this?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: What kind of horn is this?

    I would bet a hundred bucks it's not Altec or WE.

    But as to what it is....I just plain don't know. Looks older to me, at least early 50's.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What kind of horn is this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I would bet a hundred bucks it's not Altec or WE.

    But as to what it is....I just plain don't know. Looks older to me, at least early 50's.
    Yes, I agree it isn't Altec. I thought maybe WE, but I have zero to back that up. I wonder if it may be Vitavox or Klangfilm.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    What kind of horn is this?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: What kind of horn is this?

    My first reaction frankly was Vitavox...then I started thinking, DuKane was the importer for Vitavox, EV and DuKane worked a lot together back then, at least on the ill fated T3500.
    A quick Google for Vitavox horns...and I think I have a suspect...

    The unofficial Vitavox website- RH330

    They came possibly thru DuKane to EV...the EV T40 driver the seller has looks like it came on that horn new?
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What kind of horn is this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    My first reaction frankly was Vitavox...then I started thinking, DuKane was the importer for Vitavox, EV and DuKane worked a lot together back then, at least on the ill fated T3500.
    A quick Google for Vitavox horns...and I think I have a suspect...

    The unofficial Vitavox website- RH330

    They came possibly thru DuKane to EV...the EV T40 driver the seller has looks like it came on that horn new?
    I think you found it....... although, the throat/adapter look different, I think that's the right horn.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.